a week in lipsticks… 💋
If there’s one beauty product I have too many of (“too many”? hah), it’s lip products. I can’t get enough of them- it doesn’t matter how many I have, I’ll always find justification to add another one to my collection. And no two colours are quite the same, amirite ladies?
- ‘Stoned Rose’ by Charlotte Tilbury is a lipstick that is on my lips most of the time- definitely my go-to. Described as a “warm coral rose”, it suits my pale complexion perfectly and is one that I’m certain I will be using for many years to come. Hailing from the ‘K.I.S.S.I.N.G’ range, it’s sheer and velvety, providing both intense colour and moisture.
- My other Charlotte Tilbury lippy comes from the Matte Revolution range – ‘Red Carpet Red‘. Boy, is this colour intense! Red Carpet Red is the perfect name – it’s a rich, classic post-box red. I’m not brave enough to wear this during the day, but for an evening out, it’s perfect. And unlike many matte lipsticks, this is very comfortable to wear and doesn’t dry out the lips.
- ‘5th Avenue’ by Dior is a rich berry-toned matte lipstick, which is especially nice at this time of year. It’s ideal for an evening out, but I also wear it through the day by toning it down with a blot of tissue, and a swipe of balm over the top for a bit of sheen.
- After reading much about Kat Von D and her iconic liquid lipsticks, when a stand opened up near me I had to see what all the fuss was about… I picked up the ‘Lolita II‘ and what can I say? The hype about it being long-lasting is completely warranted. This stuff packs serious staying power, even ‘surviving’ dinner!
- Another lipstick I picked up after seeing so much about was ‘Velvet Teddy’ by MAC. It’s buttery on application, but settles into a matte finish. The colour is lightweight but buildable, and for low-key days, a light sweep provides a nice little pop of colour.
What are your favourite lipsticks? Have I mentioned any of your go-tos?