16 goals for 2016
Hello lovelies! I hope you’ve had a super Christmas and I would like to wish all of you the happiest of new years – here’s to 2016 being our best year yet!
New Year is a time for reflection on the year that is drawing to a close, as well as looking ahead to what’s to come. 2015 has been a year of many ups – the biggest up, without doubt, was getting engaged to the love of my life, which happened in the most beautiful way. Another key up of 2015 is the blessing of a life-changing opportunity to up-size house; God willing, my parents (and me!) will be moving to our dream house and location in the new year. It has been a year of steadiness, too – I’ve been plugging away at the same job all year – and of course, every year has it’s downs – after interviews I did not get a job offer I had hoped for, I missed the grade I needed to go back to university in September. No year is ever going to be perfect, there will always be ups, and downs, and sameness.
Sixteen is a fairly big figure for resolutions. They say you should only have one or two, as you will be more likely to stick to them – but I think most of these are relatively small and reasonable changes so I’m hoping to see them through. What resolutions will you be making? In no particular order, mine are…
1. Read more books.
2. Embrace new adventures and opportunities – don’t fear them.
3. Get to bed earlier – get more sleep.
4. And on that note, get up earlier, too. Make time for breakfast and not be rushing every morning.
5. Eat better – a more varied diet with plenty of fruit and veg.
6. Drink two litres of water each day.
7. Keep up my gym attendance – 3 days a week.
8. Re-sit my biology exams and get the grade I need.
9. Grow my blog – post more regularly, use my social media accounts more.
10. Look after myself – nurture my self-esteem. Believe in myself more.
11. Get to know my camera and improve my photography.
12. Keep a gratitude journal to scribble in every day.
13. Cook and bake more.
14. Experiment with different looks, makeup-wise.
15. Cull my procrastination habit.
16. Organise my time better.
Carpe Diem! x